CROWNS & BRIDGES
At Montee and Montee Dental in Green Hills, TN, we provide dental crowns, or synthetic tooth-shaped covers placed on a tooth to strengthen a broken or worn down tooth or to help with the tooth's appearance. If you require a crown, Dr. Montee will make a dental impression, or mold, to duplicate the shape and size of your current tooth. Need a dental crown? Get in touch with Montee & Montee dental in Nashville, Tennessee.
Dental crowns are primarily made of Porcelain and Gold:
- Porcelain crowns mimic the look of a natural tooth and are often more appealing.
- Gold crowns are easier to use than porcelain crowns, they require less of the natural tooth to be drilled away and they are used primarily on the back teeth. A gold crown is extremely useful when we need to restore a tooth toward the back of your mouth. Because gold is very durable, it holds up well to the extensive biting and chewing forces of your molar teeth. Don’t worry, we’ll likely only recommend a gold crown if it isn’t going to be visible when you smile!
What if you could cut your number of dental appointments in half? With our in-house technology, you can. Instead of us sending your impression off to a lab, all of the data is transferred into our milling machine, so that your custom crown is made right here on site. Instead of two visits, you’re able to have a brand new ceramic crown prepared and placed in just one appointment! Read more about our same-day crowns.
Cost of Crowns in Nashville
How much will getting a crown cost if you live in Nashville? It will all depend on the type of crown you choose. For instance, same day crowns may seem like they cost a little bit more, but they could actually save you money since you don’t have to take off from work two or more times. A gold crown’s price will depend on the current market price for gold, and the type of lab being used. These crowns are the longest lasting. Dr. Montee has seen them last over 50 years and they are biocompatible. Your body's tissues like the gold material and stays healthy. People always think gold equals expensive.. not so..our costs are typically less expensive than all porcelain.
Dental crowns are also used in conjunction with dental implants or bridges.
Dental bridges replace missing teeth by adjoining teeth or dental implants. Dental bridges are vital to oral health when a tooth or several teeth are missing or removed because the teeth on either side of a missing tooth can shift. Like crowns, bridges are usually made of porcelain and gold.
Benefits of Dental Bridges:
- Prevents moving and erosion
- Last a long time
- Restore ability to chew properly
- Maintain the shape of the face
- Restore smile
- Aesthetically appealing
How Much do Bridges Cost?
When you need to replace missing teeth, dental bridges are an excellent choice. They can be anchored over natural teeth or dental implants. The price for your bridge will depend on how many teeth are being replaced (a 3-unit bridge would cost more than a 4-unit bridge.) Please be sure to keep in mind the cost of dental implants, if you are replacing several teeth at once.